A few posts back I mentioned I was making a dragon. I guide maintain hold out finished him.
The pattern was yesteryear a designer called Melinda Small Patterson. The pattern was thence good drafted that it came together perfectly.
Originally I chickened out together with decided to brand the caput without an opened upwardly mouth...big fail. It turned out real weird looking.
I decided to become for it together with afterward all that angst it turned out to live fairly uncomplicated to make. As long equally you lot read together with follow the directions...I volition fully acknowledge non something that I am adept at. After reading them aloud several times until my boy had definitely idea I was losing it...it twigged.
I decided to role to a greater extent than or less small-scale commercial truthful cat eyes I had inwards my stash. I took the existing pigment off the dorsum using boom smooth remover. I together with then repainted them amongst Lumiere yesteryear Jacquard. I tried a few colours but decided that the Sunset Gold was best amongst my fabric.
Instead of struggling amongst making the eyes on the actual caput I decided I would brand them inwards to a greater extent than or less other way. I glued the truthful cat eyes (after removing the shanks) onto a fighting of my textile and together with then I mitt sewed the strips made from the pattern pieces supplied. I carefully cutting out my oculus from the backing.
This is what I ended upwardly with. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 chip crude oil but i time glued to the caput it looked real good.
The pattern supplies templates for drawing together with sewing the veins inwards the wings. I decided to role freezer newspaper instead because my textile is dark. It seemed easier than using a textile marking that my quondam eyes wouldn't live able to see:) .
I also forgot to run upwardly the tail goal chip earlier I turned the body...ooops. It was hard plenty turning it because of that narrow tail but I only added to a greater extent than difficulty yesteryear quilting the breast area.
I had to a greater extent than or less issues amongst the wings though. I scream back I may guide maintain overstuffed them together with made them a chip equally good heavy. I had to unpick the buttons a few times trying to larn them tighter thence that I could pose them.They proceed on flopping down. Next fourth dimension I mightiness brand the fly inwards i slice together with and then wire them.
So hither he is.
I haven't named him yet. Apparently a dragon volition never say you lot his scream because together with then you lot guide maintain ability over him...or thence I've been told :)
Take care.
The pattern was yesteryear a designer called Melinda Small Patterson. The pattern was thence good drafted that it came together perfectly.
Originally I chickened out together with decided to brand the caput without an opened upwardly mouth...big fail. It turned out real weird looking.
I decided to become for it together with afterward all that angst it turned out to live fairly uncomplicated to make. As long equally you lot read together with follow the directions...I volition fully acknowledge non something that I am adept at. After reading them aloud several times until my boy had definitely idea I was losing it...it twigged.
I decided to role to a greater extent than or less small-scale commercial truthful cat eyes I had inwards my stash. I took the existing pigment off the dorsum using boom smooth remover. I together with then repainted them amongst Lumiere yesteryear Jacquard. I tried a few colours but decided that the Sunset Gold was best amongst my fabric.
Instead of struggling amongst making the eyes on the actual caput I decided I would brand them inwards to a greater extent than or less other way. I glued the truthful cat eyes (after removing the shanks) onto a fighting of my textile and together with then I mitt sewed the strips made from the pattern pieces supplied. I carefully cutting out my oculus from the backing.
This is what I ended upwardly with. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 chip crude oil but i time glued to the caput it looked real good.
The pattern supplies templates for drawing together with sewing the veins inwards the wings. I decided to role freezer newspaper instead because my textile is dark. It seemed easier than using a textile marking that my quondam eyes wouldn't live able to see:) .
I also forgot to run upwardly the tail goal chip earlier I turned the body...ooops. It was hard plenty turning it because of that narrow tail but I only added to a greater extent than difficulty yesteryear quilting the breast area.
I used a sparse batting that I scream back is called "Warm & Natural". It's most similar a thick pellon or felt. I justice felt would run too.
My fault amongst the tail was serendipitous actually. I scream back to materials the tail rather than role sand equally the pattern suggests. I also desire to role an armature thence the opened upwardly tail volition run out better. See how I rationalize my mistakes....LOL If I read all the directions start I wouldn't guide maintain equally many ooops moments.
My fault amongst the tail was serendipitous actually. I scream back to materials the tail rather than role sand equally the pattern suggests. I also desire to role an armature thence the opened upwardly tail volition run out better. See how I rationalize my mistakes....LOL If I read all the directions start I wouldn't guide maintain equally many ooops moments.
I had to a greater extent than or less issues amongst the wings though. I scream back I may guide maintain overstuffed them together with made them a chip equally good heavy. I had to unpick the buttons a few times trying to larn them tighter thence that I could pose them.They proceed on flopping down. Next fourth dimension I mightiness brand the fly inwards i slice together with and then wire them.
So hither he is.
I haven't named him yet. Apparently a dragon volition never say you lot his scream because together with then you lot guide maintain ability over him...or thence I've been told :)
Take care.









Comments
Post a Comment